Normally I would praise this game, only complain a little bit about the magic being a bit useless, suggest you to make the game a little bit more Diablo-like but... one thing is unforgivable: the loss of saved games for everybody every single fix you make. You cannot do this. I am taking whole 2 stars away because of this. I have done almost everything in the last quest, but wanted to enjoy the game not freezing constantly as you wrote me that the fix is done. But where is my save? Seriously, I am not going to do it all over again now... Why can't you make the updated version of the game recognize the previous saves? It means that every time you will have to do any change to the game everybody will lose all the progress. This will not make people want to play the game, don't you think? With a feeling of a risk that the next day they will lose all the progress they made? Concluding: bring the previous saves back.
Bonus points for you because of the music! I always liked Haddaway and... anybody remembers Jim Carey & Saturday Night Live with the guys from Roxbury? :-D
Unfortunately the author did not respond to my PM, so I'll complain here. This game is not saving the progress at all. I had to stop playing but wanted to return to the game later. I opened it, but all of my progress was gone. And entering the code gives absolutely nothing. So-a major thing to change and fix.
Sorry about that. The passcode should work, it will not save all your cheeses and scores but you can continue from the last maze. If you're lucky to get rubber mouse at Mr chance Pants. In maze 16 there a clock for extra 30 seconds. You could get to the boss faster with more scores. Thanks for posting here.
For sure we got a masterpiece here, definitely the most advanced idle game with medals that is on Newgrounds. Because of its complexity it even deserves the strategy category. You can't just make the game going on its own to make progress. It is more a manager than an idle game.
Of course some inspirations have been taken from the Cookie Clicker, but it all was done in the right way with some original improvements. It is probably the only idle game here that uses something like the legacy in Cookie Clicker.
There are some flaws in this game, I hope I remember them all to list them here:
1. Saving issues. You better use that option to copy-paste your saved data, because when you will return to the game you may discover that your save is not there or the game will load you the previous save file. There is a need for a successful auto-save feature.
2. The display of the upgrade categories. In the full view of the skills menu there is no way you can scroll it down, so I will never see the description of the skills of wealth and below. Solutions: make it possible to scroll them up-down or make it possible to see the description when hovering on the skill in minimal view.
3. Related to the skills: does the wealth skill have its maximum level? After level 7 I was not able to upgrade it anymore.
4. A bug: usage of the gems boost spell actually cuts the gem bonus in half instead of really boosting it by 50%, so it is pretty useless.
5. There is a need for another board in the game, showing how many times I have made the rebirth, how many quests I completed and the current bonuses of income/damage gained after all rebirths.
6. I noticed something weird: with the proper upgrade I should get 2 citizens at the start per every rebirth made. But after I play for a while after the rebirth and start to upgrade the citizens the ones I started with vanish for no particular reason. Why is it happening?
7. There is some lack of balance when it comes to the strength of the armies. At the stage of 600-700 they are becoming pretty useless, no matter how many of the warriors I buy. Their attacks simply do not seem to harm the enemies at all.
8. Speaking of enemies: maybe you could generate some more graphic icons to make the player fight something else than the ghosts?
9. Another problem is a bit of lack of balance of quests. As I already PMed you, the one for getting 8 000 000 000 000 000 dps is "a bit" ridiculous. I treid several strategies so far and I have no idea how many bonuses from rebirths I would have to obtain and how many gems I would have to hoard to get even close to that value.
10. There are also too many click-type quests. I got 3 quests in a row: click 5K times, click 7K times, click 8K times, c'mon, be more original! :-) They are getting boring at some point, besides-my fingers are starting to hurt, you know ;-) And if somebody has only a mouse, not a laptop with a touch pad then it takes even more to complete them. A need for disclaimer: no mice have been hurt during completing of these quests ;-)
11. And last but not least: if you will be making any updates/fixes make sure it will not affect the saved games.
If I will think about anything else I will surely PM you, but if this is your first game then I would really like to see the later ones :-) You are making a very good use of the Unity :-)
This game may be a good idea, but it is sooo unpolished...
1. The sound heard while moving is just super annoying and made me mute the game tab right away;
2. The borders are glitched, you have no idea when you are just leaving the screen or going to another screen;
3. You can even leave the screen and go on a neverending march to the left;
4. What's wrong with the hit detection? I am standing right next to the opponent and missing him?
5. I beat the first guy, went through the door that just opened and... died just after entering the second screen... wth?
6. Do the already earned medals have to pop up every time?
I hope that at the later stage the game gets better...
1. The sound heard is actually indicating that this is your character's invincibility animation start. This is explained in the description.
2. The game isn't all glitched. going all the way to the left side of the screen, yeah that is a glitch that can easily be fixed but, you're not suppose to touch the left/right sides of the screen because the area acts as a ring (ex: wrestling ring) Stay on the stage.
3. A Glitch that can be fixed, but, if you take damage when you hit the wall why would you continue to hit it?
4. Another thing explained in the description, you can't bash on any enemies. They have to be hit at a certain time during their animation to defeat them.
5. You hit the wall or a flaming rock, there's no denying that. There's no enemies present after the first encounter with one. You know the first stage is the tutorial.
6. Yes, this is to prevent a glitch that was discovered during testing, when a medal was earned the API unlocked it but, it did not unlock the icon. Second time around it did. This is because I added the medal to unlock more than once to make sure you get what you gained.
Thanks for the review.
Only one complain, but major: the game could lag less, because it makes the controls unresponsive. Maybe some particle effects reduction?
Is the conclusion of this game "Don't click on the Internet to make friends, make them in the real life"? :-)
: - )
I could write a lot about the high quality of the game, but one thing just irritated me so much that I took away 1,5 star and I have to point it out here:
1. If you are uploading a game on Newgrounds...
2. then respect Newgrounds enough...
3. To NOT to include a premium content in a game that is available only on Kongregate or make a version for Newgrounds.
I really see no point in doing this in the way you did. 2 questions for you:
1. Are you considering Newgrounds and its users worse than Kongregate?
2. Have you - I don't know - been paid for promoting Kongregate here? Are you benefiting from it in any way?
Hi! No offense, but as you can see, the game was sponsored by Kongregate. And the meaning of sponsorship is to promote a sponsored game =) Without Kongregate this game will never happen. There are hours of gameplay, no pay-to-win content, no mid-level ads, and a premium edition is a way of saying "Thanks" to a developer. Unfortunately NG's api don't support in-app pamyents, so currently the only way to get an extended version is to find it at Kongregate. Right now I'm working on making an option to purchase it using 3d party payment processors, but this will take some time... But anyway thanks for the response!
Nice idea, but there are 2 problems with this game:
1. A big problem with jumping. Many times the guy is not responding and unwilling to jump. It is also impossible to press the directional key and jump at the same time. The game considers pressing the directional key as primary and refuses to receive the spacebar input.
2. No option to restart the level if you get stucked.
Hi, thank you for playing and leaving a review on my game, this was my first time trying to port a game to HTML5 and it had a few bugs, since it was originally a .exe game. There should have been a pause button with a restart option when you pressed esc, but I didnt noticed that it didnt worked, I just updated the game so now it should work fine :)
I can confirm the glitches mentioned by TharosTheDragon. Additionally, the projectiles should be faster.
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.